Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action/Diversity Policy
The Company is firmly committed to creating a climate where the Company values the different perspectives that diversity brings to its business. In valuing uniqueness and respecting differences, we can maximize individual potential in achieving the Company’s goals and objectives.
Attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we service is at the foundation of this precept. Viewing diversity as an asset is essential in cultivating a workforce that reflects the changing face of the United States and from which our future leaders will come.
It is the continuing policy of the Company to afford equal employment opportunity through proactive programs to recruit qualified individuals who have been historically disadvantaged in the workforce. From its diverse pool of candidates, the Company shall hire, train, and promote in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, age, disability, genetic tests and information, veteran status and an individual’s status as a domestic violence victim.
This policy encompasses all aspects of the employment relationship, including application and initial employment, promotion and transfer, selection for training opportunities and wage and salary administration.
Employment decisions will be based on the principles of equal employment opportunity and with the intent to further the Company’s commitment to affirmative action and equal employment. All applicants for employment and employees of the Company may exercise their rights under this policy or federal, state or local laws at any time.
Successful achievement of a diverse workforce is contingent upon the establishment of practices and the continuing search for new programs that ensure the full utilization and development of all human resources. The following will continue to be maintained to ensure the continuing application of this policy on a consistent basis:
- Utilizing employment sources which will ensure equal consideration of all qualified persons.
- Providing equal opportunity for career development and planning and advancement for all qualified persons.
- Ensuring that all personnel actions including compensation, benefits, Company-sponsored training, and educational tuition assistance, are administered fairly.
- Establishing and implementing an affirmative action program to ensure that qualified minority group individuals, females, veterans, special disabled veterans, and qualified persons with a disability are introduced into the workforce, are encouraged to aspire for promotion and are considered as promotional opportunities arise.
- Promoting team effectiveness and innovation among all employees.
- Working cooperatively with public and private entities, government agencies, educational institutions, civic organizations, community groups, suppliers and subcontractors in support of this policy.
- Holding all employees accountable for adherence to and support of this policy.
- Evaluating the performance of management in carrying out this policy.